Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The start of fall craft season

_DSC2420

Why is it that people don't really decorate the house for summer?  I guess we're all too busy doing fun things outdoors to really want to stay inside anyways.

_DSC2415

Well now that the temperatures are getting colder and we're spending more time indoors, we're doing a lot more crafting and getting the house ready for fall.  This project I found via Pinterest - the greatest place on the internet, in my opinion :)

_DSC2423

After painting coffee filters with watercolors and markers, I cut out little leaf shapes, backed them in double stick tape, and let Phoebe go wild sticking them onto a large kraft paper tree I taped on the window.

_DSC2425

Phoebe liked to stick most of hers onto the trunk (I guess that's what you get when you tell a toddler, "put the leaves on the tree"), and I took liberty in finishing the branches.

_DSC2430

_DSC2437

_DSC2444

That extra branch turned out a little bit crazier than I had planned.

5 comments:

  1. LOVE this - you are such a creative mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! How creative and what fun for Phoebe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm new to your blog. This is such a cute project idea! Last winter we cut snowflakes from coffee filters and glued them to our windows. It was such a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a first timer over here after being sent by Rae. =) You have the cutest blog! I love this project especially; my 2.5-year old son will have so much fun making this...And we just happen to be having a playdate at our house today. Fun times are about to be had!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome idea!

    I'm always looking for something new to keep my boys (1 and 28 months) busy and out of mischief. This looks like a perfect project!

    ReplyDelete